Monday, July 16, 2007

Busy/fun week coming up......

Between going to Toronto for a few days, bayfest http://www.sarniabayfest.com/, and boat night i think this is going to be a really fun week. On Saturday night after a "few" drinks a couple friends(heyboer and goudy) and i decided that we need to go up to Toronto for a couple days during this week. I'm not to sure what gave us this idea(shots of cabo wabo) but Toronto is a really cool city and I'm pretty excited to get out of town and take a break from poker for a few days. I ran into a stretch of a few weeks where i was really burned out from poker and didn't feel like playing at all but now I'm back into the swing of things and have been playing great poker. Yesterday i decided to play some real poker and stayed away from the donkaments after last weeks mess. I only played for a few hours at the 5/10 games but was able to win about 1.5k which is pretty good for the little amount of time i played. My stereo receiver that i ordered a http://reviews.cnet.com/av-receivers/onkyo-tx-sr605-black/4505-6466_7-32430579.html while ago just got here so I'm going to wrap this up and go screw around with that for a while. Anyways this is going to be a busy week so I'm not sure of when the next time i will be posting but check back in a few days and I'm out.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1269880 - this was the only big pot from yesterday and i make a pretty good call here. When he limped in then called my raise i immediately put him on a mid pair like 10s. I actually thought about re raising the flop here but i was pretty sure he did have a mid pair and i think the only way my re raise gets called is by a hand that beats me. The 6 was a bad turn because i had him on some sort of mid pair which means now I'm only beating 77,88,1010. The heart on the river didn't change anything because i didn't have him on the draw and i don't think he would just limp in mid position with a pair of jacks. With that being said its still 500 bucks to call when theoretically there are only 3 hands i can beat, the 77,88, and 10s. I thought for a while and just had to go with my read which was right but it was still a tough call to make.

-Nechita-

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey man,

I happened across your blog a while back. I think it was during the playoffs. I'm a Red Wing/Lion/Tiger fan living in T-Dot originally from Windsor. It's entertaining listening to the locals lament their beloved Laughs(sic). It's just too bad the red & white can't beat on them more often. Rafalski is a nice addition I think.

I've been grinding on the virtual tables for about a year now and man, I can tread water with the best of them. I was really only into SnG's and started playing more cash after reading your blog. It's usually one dumb move that erases a couple hours of work and I'm back to even for the session.

I am starting to consider my opponents holdings more so than my own which is something I wasn't very good at. I suppose this is a revelation that comes with all players over time.

Just wondering a couple of things: was there a moment of clarity where things (poker) all of a sudden came into focus as far as the thought process? Is there a set of question you go through during a hand? What poker tools (learning) have you used that brought about a real positive impact to your game? There are a lot out there (x-factor, card runners, or forum postings, etc) claiming to be the best.

Have fun here in The Big Smoke. It's really a great place to be in the summertime although there's not as much value with the current dollar. And the 401 might be the worst drive ever. If you feel like replying you can hit me at brown_darrenk@yahoo.com or respond to this directly.

I also wanted to let you know that since you have links to poker sites from you blog you can become an affiliate of those sites and embed your ID in the link. If anyone signs up for an account through your links you will get a lifetime piece of their action.

Cheers,
darren

Chris Nechita said...

Yeah i think rafalski will be okay but losing schneider hurt. The ducks have a sick team and could easily repeat which pains me to say haha. I think the best way to improve is by practicing and just studying anyway you can. I have cardrunners but i barely ever watch the videos but the ones i have seem pretty helpful. I definitely think that just playing tons is the best way to improve. I was wondering what you said about the links i have and becoming an affiliate but i have no idea how to do that. anyways im out and gl on the tables or greektown, i hate greektown but its full of donks.