Monday, October 08, 2007

Very lazy sunday with lots of football and poker....

I would say the title pretty much sums up my whole Sunday. I set my alarm to wake up by 1:30 so i would be able to register for the Sunday tournaments i wanted to play in. Unfortunately i had to go pick up my car at this same time so i wasn't able to play in any of the tournaments i wanted to. I did sign up for the big Sunday 215 though and that was the main one i wanted to play in. After missing the whole first hour of the tournament picking up my car i came back right after the first break and still had a decent amount of chips. I chipped my way up pretty quickly and appeared to be cruising along until i went totally card dead. There were like 6000 people or something with it paying the top 900 and like 180,000 for first. I ended up finishing in like 420th place or something and quickly remembered why i hate tournaments. I played for like 4 hours to make like 600 when i couldve been playing some cash games. But i cant complain because if i keep getting into the money and playing well i hope eventually i will have that break through tourney. There was a full ring 10/20nl game going(which is rare lately) so i decided to sit for a while. I didn't really get too involved but was able to grind about 400 out of the game in about an hour. While i was playing i noticed that the Bears and Chargers were both under dogs in today's games so i decided to put money on them. I did a 120 dollar parlay to win 480 and both teams played pretty well today and i won the bet. Its pretty amazing how much more exciting the football games are to watch when you have a little bit of money on them. There was no way i would've sat and watched the packers bears game if i didn't have money on it, but it was actually a pretty exciting game and the bears D really stepped up big time in the 2nd half. There weren't many PLO games going but i did play for about 20 minutes and was able to pick up a couple nice pots.

I tried figuring out this logitech universal remote i bought along time ago but gave up on it fairly quickly. Your supposed to be able to just hook it up to your computer with a usb and it should work but they want all these codes and i just gave up. Ill probably try and figure it out tomorrow because it sounds/looks like it will be pretty sweet once its all set up. Here it is-
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/remotes/universal_remotes/devices/372&cl=us,en

Curb was pretty decent tonight compared to some of the other episodes from this season. Some times though it seems like they are really trying to hard and i don't know how much longer this show will last, which is too bad because its one of my favorites. The red wings play tomorrow night(during the day here) and i still haven't got the NHL package so i will probably order that tomorrow so i can start watching the games. Anyways this is getting way too long so here are some hands from today and I'm out.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1563703 -owned
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1563705 - owned again, haha not really but being heads up and him only having like 500 theres no way i was going anywhere with that flop.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1563709 - set over set, pretty sick for him

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1563710 - owned, haha another nice set up for me

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1563713 - The one bad hand i played. I went from folding instantly when he re raised the pot, to talking myself into him having a weaker 6 with a straight draw. I played this horrible and definitely deserved to lose. No way i shouldve been in there once he re potted.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1563720 only nl hand worth posting.

Daily total- 1,624.85

Total needed- 856.49

-Nechita-

No comments: