Friday, June 01, 2007

Quick update on yesterdays play.....

Yesterday i had another really good session which resulted in me putting up some good numbers. I had to earn almost 1000vpp points on pokerstars yesterday to keep my supernova status ( http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/?utm_id=1) so i was able to get in around 6 hours of play. The tables were playing pretty tough but i didn't want to lose my supernova status so i grinded it out and really played some good poker. I am playing so 5/10 on bodog right now but i wanted to put up yesterdays numbers real quick. Anyways i am going to get back to the games but here are a few hands from yesterday and check back later to see how i ended up doing today.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1138735 - here i hit a great flop for JJ but i don't like having 4 players in the pot. I make a standard continuation bet here and once this guy calls i have him on a draw or a mid pocket pair, maybe 44. The turn is a great card so i just decide that once i bet the 180 I'm playing this all the way if he shoves. His river bet kind of threw me off but i decide just to call here because i think if i push all in the only way I'm getting called is by hands that beat me.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1138766 - nice little 800 pot with ace high. I almost thought about folding here even though i was pretty sure i had the best hand. I was very confident i had the best hand but ak is still a drawing hand and i really wasn't in the mood to race for 800 on a coin flip. But after thinking about it for a good 20 seconds i kind of felt i had to make this call and pray for any decent flop.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1138780 - here this guy just gets extremely unlucky. Set over set is just impossible to get away from here especially 6 handed and anyones going to go broke with 88s here.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1138786 - this was really the only bad beat i took yesterday and luckily it was a small pot.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1138796 - i would not suggest playing 96 in the bb facing a raise but here i am getting sick odds in a 5 way pot so i call the 20. I hit a decent flop for my hand and lucky me it gets checked around giving me a free turn which is a 6. So now i have a pair and flush draw and with no one showing any real interest on the flop i fire out 90 knowing even if i get called i have a good amount of outs. Once he calls i put him on some type of weak Q or a hand like 56. Now i hit a great card on the river giving me the flush and now its time to figure out how i can get the most chips out of him. I know he has a very weak hand here so i could check hoping he did have like 56 and would bluff but if he had a hand like qj he would just check behind me. So i make a bet that looks like I'm scared and when in reality im betting the 100 to entice him to raise thinking I'm weak and it works perfectly. Again i don't see any need in re raising his 250 because what hands is he going to call my re raise with? I had already ruled out him having a set so there is no need to push here.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1138823 - here i pick up JJ against a pretty aggressive player. I know he continuation bets this flop with any 2 but will likely shut down on the turn to me if i call the flop. I know that he would probably check even kings here in this spot but i have him on ak and decide to check behind. Now you could make a argument that i need to bet here to protect my JJ against letting him hit a K or A on the river but what am i going to do if i bet out and he shoves all in? So i decide that I'm happy with the pot as it is and am glad to just show down the JJ.

Daily total- 2,294.54

Goal/Bodog roll- 5,630.53 (hopefully will be higher by the end of today)

-Nechita-

No comments: