Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Day 2.........

This is going to be a quick recap of yesterdays play. The freeroll tournament was at the wynn yesterday and lets just say it did not go as planned. I left the apartment all excited to play (strange because tournaments are gay) and was making perfect time to show up right at 5 when of course the whole Las Vegas Boulevard was completely shut down haha. There was some huge accident right in front of the wynn which completely blocked off the parking garage. So of course i got stuck in some detour convoy with all these idiots that didnt know what they were doing or even basic driving skills. I didnt really know any other way into the hotel until i remembered there was a valet in the back and now the problem was trying to get there. Driving anywhere around the strip during the day is a huge hassle any time but having part of it shut down and being right during dinner time it was a mess.It pretty much took me a half hour to get to the back of the hotel and valet my car when i couldve got out and walked there in less time. The sad thing is that it took me more time to get into the tournament than the amount of time i actually played in it haha. I made my best phil hellmuth impression by arriving about 45 minutes late only to play for about a half hour. The table was so soft, it was full of 50-70 year old degenerates and i thought for sure it was going to be a piece of cake. Sure enough i ended up being the 2nd one from our table to go out haha.

Quick summary of my bust out hand- blinds 100/200 i have about 11k in chips
3 players limp in and i pick up 45of diamonds on the button so i raise to 750
The big blind calls which causes all the other limpers to now call
Flop- 347 which is about as good of a flop i can ask for.
everyone checks i bet out about 2100 and after thinking for a while the bb min raises to 4200
I decide he probably has some sort of overpair and decide to shove all in.
He immediately calls showing me 44 and im out.

I stick by my play but just happend to run into a big hand. The way i played the hand makes it impossible for him to call with anything other than a set and unfortunately he had it.

Anyways we are about to go golfing so i have to wrap this up. This is my first time golfing since coming out here so it should be interesting. Anyways i will have those pictures up later and i will play some poker later so check back to see how it went and im out. Oh i completely forgot to talk about my omaha session yesterday. It started off pretty rocky but after about 4 hours of grinding i was finally able to get back into the green for a decent profit.

Daily total- 1,430.84

-Nechita-

No comments: